Coltsfoot Farm was started in 1885 by John Edward Calhoun, taking its name from the Coltsfoot Valley, where his cattle grazed.
The slogan, "a bottle of milk is a bottle of health," was introduced by the Thatcher glass manufacturing company of New York and soon became a nationally used slogan.
The Calhoun family sold off their dairy cattle and equipment at a two day auction in 1966. The farm property was leased and the dairy operations continued on site by Ronald Laigle, Robert Laigle, and Raymond Thuillard.
Coltsfoot Farm closed permanently in the mid-1980s.
|View of Coltsfoot Valley today.|